Thursday, November 22, 2012

Where IS God...how is this happening to my life?

As I was searching for new music yesterday, I was delighted to come across singer Britt Nicole and her 2009 album, "The Lost Get Found". Her music is so full of energy and a true love for God. Although I'd love to share every great song I hear, I've decided to post "Have Your Way" because it is so powerful and really ties into my "Where IS God...?" theme.

I checked out YouTube hoping to find that she'd made a music video for the song...but I had no such luck. So it was either I chose a simple video of the lyrics flashing on the screen, or one with a bunch of pictures illustrating the music. The one that I selected to share is incredible because it depicts a true story of love and joy -- but also the heartache, suffering, and trials a young couple share together.


I also encourage you to check out their story on their blog!

"Have Your Way" - by Britt Nicole 

Feels like I've been here forever,
Why can't you just intervene?
Do you see the tears keep falling
I'm falling apart at the seems,
But You never said the road would be easy
But You said you would never leave,
And you never promised that this life isn't hard,
But you promised you'd take care of me,

So I'll stop searching for the answer,
I'll stop praying for an escape,
I'll trust you God with where I am
And believe you will have your way,
Just have your way,
Just have your way,


Isaiah 55:8-9 
"My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts," says the LORD. "And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine. For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts."


Although we don't always like or agree with God's plan...He does have a plan for each and every one of us. We don't understand His plan, and that can be extremely overwhelming and frustrating at times.  It doesn't matter what we go through, God will be there with us and understands our pain when no one else seems to comprehend it. God's plan is so supreme to ours...and with a lot of faith and a lot of patience, we will see what the amazing plan is that God has for us! Be excited -- not afraid!
 

No comments: