Thursday, October 18, 2012

Where IS God...in my life?

That is a pretty crazy question for anyone to answer. Sure, any Christian can give a superficial ten second answer: "I look around and see all of creation" ...but honestly...where IS God in my life? Personally, I know and believe that God is in my life, but what does that even mean on a deeper level? I've grown up in a Christian home, gone to church all my life, when I was four I asked Jesus to come into my heart, and I have always been extremely open about my faith...but when I examine myself and look at how God is in my life TODAY and try to write it down, I'm not always very satisfied with what I come up with.

Something I have always craved to have is a deep and meaningful relationship with Christ. I want to grow as a Christian. I want to know my way around the Bible. But do I read my Bible every day? No. I've been a Christian for fourteen years and have I read the Bible from cover to cover? No. So I want to seek God's face...yet I don't even take an extreme effort to study His Word? I owe Him my life and my well being...yet I always focus on my life rather than His.

I like to imagine that God is a physically there person standing in my house with a Bible in His hand. I'll be standing in the basement folding laundry and I'll get a text from my friends asking me to go hang out. I accept and say, "Hey, uh God...could you take this stack of clothes up to my room for me? I'm going to go out, but I'll be back soon. Don't go anywhere!!" 

And of course God never will leave or forsake me...even when I use Him for every little petty thing in my life. Nothing is too little or too big for God to deal with and He loves it when we call out to Him for help...but it is ridiculous to only ask Him for things when He's already given me the hope and freedom of eternal life in heaven when I die. It's so important to remember to thank God for everything, make time to go and be alone with Him, and get to know the Saviour of the world. He's my friend and I need to treat Him like one!

I put God off. It's as simple as that. I don't know where you stand, but I'm sure I'm not alone in this.

2 comments:

Jeanette said...

Love reading this, Kinza. Keep it up. You know, I think your mom's 40-day journey has kind of brought some of these thoughts to my mind, too, and I think it is a very good thing.

Kinza said...

Thanks!!! :) Yeah I thought it was pretty cool. I'm thinking mine will be a bit different, but there'll be similarities for sure!